GUEST FARM & SMALL HOLDING HOLIDAY ACCOMMODATION THROUGHOUT THE GARDEN ROUTE
For an idyllic retreat away from the consistent rush of city life, the diverse Garden Route welcomes guests to enjoy a selection of farm and other small holding retreats for their relaxing holiday accommodation in nature. Whether you are seeking a home-away-from-home, a pet-friendly retreat, a luxury setting that is enhanced by nature or a more rustic farm escape away from life’s daily routines, Hello Garden Route – Your Friendly Experts in Garden Route Getaways will ensure that you the best stay suited to your needs and requirements.
The Garden Route is synonymous for its warm hospitality, abundant natural beauty, malaria-free safaris, fascinating forests and an assemblage of attractions that appeal to all ages, in both the summer and winter months. Some of the most exciting and unforgettable experiences include Horse Riding in the Garden Route, Garden Route Wine Tasting, The Cairnbrogie Farm, Top Hiking Trails in the Garden Route, Keurbooms River SUP, The Diaz Express and Fragrance Route Tour and Ocean Odyssey Whale and Eco Tours, to name but a few, which all promise to enhance your discoveries of this alluring destination, along South Africa’s southern coast. By the time you return to your farm stay from your days of exploration, you can look forward to the peace and quiet that it offers.
Here are Hello Garden Route’s Top Recommended Farm and other Small Holding Getaways…
Known as the ‘ostrich capital of the world’ and lying on the foot of the Swartberg and Outeniqua Mountains, Oudtshoorn is a stunning Klein Karoo town that is home to the famous Cango Caves and Cango Wildlife Ranch. This farming town is surrounded by rolling hills; visitors can experience the Garden Route’s uninterrupted countryside.
- Surval Boutique Olive Estate Luxury Klein Karoo retreat with fine dining opportunities
- Mooiplaas Guest House Welcoming guesthouse on a lovely working ostrich farm
- De Zeekoe Klein Karoo guest farm home to famous Meerkats
BETWEEN OUDTSHOORN AND MOSSEL BAY
Mossel Bay is a gorgeous Garden Route sea-side town with unique landmarks and wonderful attractions that include The Diaz Museum and Mossel Bay Lighthouse with cave. Rich in maritime history and ideal for family getaways.
- Outeniqua Moon Family and pet-friendly Percheron Horse farm with beautiful scenery
- Blommekloof Value-for-money family and pet-friendly farm cottages
- 8 Bells Mountain Inn Family-friendly country hospitality & charm
Also known as ‘Vic Bay’, Victoria Bay is one of the Garden Route’s smallest bays and is popular for its safe and beautiful beach. Surfers from around the world enjoy this surfing hub, its tidal pool offers great safe swimming for children and the jetty is fantastic for fishermen. Other attractions nearby Victoria Bay include the Outeniqua Farmers Market, The Strawberry Farm and golfing at Fancourt in George.
- Akela Villa Exclusive pet-friendly Victoria Bay holiday house with breathtaking views over Wilderness
- Victoria Bay Holiday Cottage Serene pet-friendly cottage with uninterrupted sea views
- Paradise Cove Secluded pet-friendly paradise close to golden beaches
- Hilltop Country Lodge Tranquil and pet-friendly country guesthouse on a private nature reserve
A breathtaking pass between George and Wilderness, Kaaimans is an eco-tourism destination that comprises of a pet-friendly beach, as well as the very famous Kaaimans River and bridge. While enjoying the bountiful natural splendour of this area, visitors are presented with incredible nature photography opportunities.
- Denneberghof Value-for-money and centrally located apartments in a private estate
- Kaaimans Holiday House Pet-friendly Kaaimans home on the mountainside
- Kaaimans Holiday Cottage Beautifully positioned Kaaimans cottage with sea and mountain views
Bordered by the Outeniqua Mountains and showcasing the exquisite beauty of the Indian Ocean, Wilderness is a popular and romantic holiday destination. Lengthy beaches, flowing rivers and indigenous forests make this area a nature lover’s paradise. Exploring Wilderness Village with loved ones can lead to unforgettable adventures, and Wilderness Beach is a popular spot for Garden Route Whale Watching.
- Africamps at Oakhurst Garden Route glamping with stunning surroundings of Oakhurst farm and private hot-tubs
- Oakhurst Farm Cottages Romantic & family-friendly farm-style retreat
- Libertas Guest Farm Idyllic countryside villas located on a working dairy farm
- Wayside Inn Woodville Luxury country-style accommodation on a pet-friendly farm
- Belle Forest Guest Farm Wilderness guest farm on an eco nature reserve
- Ke Nako Lodges Stunning self-catering in Rondevlei with lake views
Known as the heart of the Garden Route, Knysna is a coastal town that boasts exceptional natural beauty, incredible golf courses, an array Garden Route Family Holiday attractions and some of the best Adventure Activities in the Garden Route. Knysna is well known for its cultivated wild oysters and is located 34 degrees south of the equator.
- Nieu-Wherry Meadow Pet-friendly Rheenendal retreat near Knysna Forest
- Forest Heart Enchanting forest retreat for a tranquil getaway
- Lazy Leopard Romantic forest retreat in a scenic setting
- Forest Valley Cottages Romantic Rheenendal retreat with jacuzzi and forest views
Home to Keurbooms River, a selection of lovely beaches and the famous Robberg Nature Reserve, Plettenberg Bay is loved by many and continues to welcome travellers from around the world for magical vacations. This coastal destination is also home to a large colony of Cape Fur Seal and The Crags.
- Tamodi Lodge Honeymoon haven with indigenous forest surroundings
- Hog Hollow Country Lodge and Villa Exclusive lodge and luxury villa on a private nature reserve
- That Place Pet-friendly holiday accommodation with private swimming pool in The Crags, on a working wine farm adjacent to Bramon Wine Estate
- Moon Shine on Whiskey Creek Self-catering forest cabins & garden cottage, ideal for both couples and families with children
- Tniqua Stable Inn Inviting lodge on a Percheron Horse Farm with beautiful sea views
- Masescha Country Estate Value-for-money farm style haven of tranquility in Harkerville