To all our valued clients, affiliated agents, suppliers and home owners
We trust this finds you and your loved ones safe, healthy & calm amid the COVID-19 crisis. The safety and wellbeing of our travellers and in-house guests as well as our staff and all suppliers, agents and home owners is of utmost importance to us.
We fully understand the severe impact that this pandemic is having on individuals, businesses and the global economy #WeAreInThisTogether. That being said, our doors are open and Hello Garden Route is still operating and assisting our local and international travellers in booking their holidays and Garden Route getaway accommodations, for essential workers/travelers, business travellers as well as FIT.
We are offering up to 75% discount for weekly to monthly rentals at our managed properties, valid for stays up to end November 2020. #selfisolate #gardenroutegetaway Read more about it here: Lockdown Accommodation Specials
We are also accepting December Holiday Accommodation bookings!
We truly appreciate the severity of this situation and fully understand concerns regarding travelling for leisure at this time. We are closely monitoring the situation and keeping abreast of the news.
We are hopeful that everything will be back to normal very soon and therefore encourage you to postpone your travel arrangements rather than cancelling them #SupportYourStay.
We are accepting bookings subject to our standard cancellation terms & conditions but also governed by the Disaster Management Act, with the following temporary (subject to Covid-19 pandemic) amended policies & procedures in place:
1) Upon receiving a booking request, the country of residence of each traveler needs to be specified in writing. The accommodation owners/suppliers have the right to accept or decline a booking based on this, bearing in mind the risk of cancellation due to COVID-19 where the country of residence versus South African law may differ. It is Hello Garden Route’s policy to offer a credit note valid within a year (12 months) of cancelled booking dates or if not desirable, to refund in full if cancellation is due to COVID-19, based on South African law.
2) If international clients need to cancel their booking due to COVID-19, we would handle these cancellations on a per case basis. Valid proof of country of residence, copy of ID/passport, airline tickets (if booked) and the respective country’s law, among other, will need to be provided.
3) If a client needs to cancel due to COVID-19, based on the fact that they have the virus and need to self-quarantine for 14 days, should their arrival date be within those 14 days, they will need to provide valid proof thereof in the form of a medical letter. Should that traveler have booked for a group (more than 2 people), and other travelers are healthy and able to travel, Hello Garden Route reserves the rights to handle such cancellation on a per case basis.
4) With regards to bookings made at Hello Garden Route’s managed properties, should clients not be able to travel due to Covid-19 South African government laws, Hello Garden Route will issue a credit note to the full value of their cancelled booking to use for when next they book, with Hello Garden Route (Pty) Ltd., the same property for a future stay, valid for 12 months from date of initial booking. Only one amendment to travel dates may be made. Should the season change to a higher season rate, the new rate will be applied and charged accordingly. Amendments may only be made once on any booking and must be in writing via email, and may be made up to 30 days prior to travel. Accommodation would be subject to availability upon booking.
5) Cancellations of bookings made with Hello Garden Route for reasons not related to Covid-19 travel restrictions, Hello Garden Route’s standard terms and conditions and cancellation policy applies.
Hello Garden Route (Pty) Ltd. reserves its rights to alter these terms & conditions.
We still recommend and insist that all travellers take out comprehensive personal travel insurance – it is important to check the schedule of included benefits thoroughly. Most insurance companies have an option to purchase an insurance plan with a ‘Cancel for Any Reason’ clause which should cover any trip cancellations for pandemics. Current insurance plans that offer cancellation insurance may only cover this in the event the guest is physically quarantined.
With regards to our management properties, we have implemented even stricter hygiene measures and implemented protocol as guided by our government with our staff and educating them too on the severity of these times and precautions to implement, both at work and at home. In addition, each house has complimentary hand sanitizer for guests use but we do urge guests to bring their own supplies, in addition.
Contact Hello Garden Route, Your Friendly Experts in Garden Route Getaways, to book your dream Garden Route Accommodation.