To all our valued clients, affiliated agents, suppliers and home owners
We trust this finds you and your loved ones safe, healthy & calm amid the COVID-19 situation. The safety and wellbeing of our travelers and in-house guests and all suppliers, agents and home owners is of utmost importance to us.
Hello Garden Route is still operating and assisting our local and international travellers in any way that we can during these challenging times, also responding to emails as swiftly as humanly possible.
With regards to our management properties, we are implementing even stricter hygiene measures with our staff and educating them too on the severity of these times and precautions to implement, both at work and at home. We are also suppling complimentary hand sanitizers at each property for guests use but do urge guests to bring their own supplies, in addition.
We truly appreciate the severity of this situation and fully understand concerns regarding travelling for leisure at this time. We are closely monitoring the situation and keeping abreast of the news.
We are hopeful that everything will be back to normal very soon and therefore encourage you to postpone your travel arrangements rather than cancelling them #supportyourstay. Hence, we have temporarily amended our terms and conditions as well as our cancellation policy as below:
Period for which these conditions would apply is for travels up to & including 30 April 2020, solely due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
SOLELY FOR HELLO GARDEN ROUTE (PTY) MANAGED PROPERTY STAYS
Hello Garden Route (Pty) Ltd. is waiving cancellation fees for stays up to & including 30 April 2020, for the following:
- Guests residing in Greater China, South Korea, Japan and Italy, Europe, United Kingdom and other high risk countries;
- Guests with travel plans that originate in a country that has imposed travel restrictions to South Africa as a result of COVD-19.
Furthermore with regards to guests not impacted as above:
- Should a guest of Hello Garden Route (Pty) Ltd. not wish to travel, valid for stays up to & including 30 April 2020, due to the COVID-19 outbreak, Hello Garden Route (Pty) Ltd. will issue a credit note to the value of their cancelled booking to use for when next they book, with Hello Garden Route (Pty) Ltd., the same property for a future stay, valid for 12 months from date of initial booking.
- Only one amendment to travel dates may be made and should the season change to a higher season rate, the new rate will be applied and charged accordingly.
- Amendments may only be made once on any booking and must be in writing via email, and may be made up to 30 days prior to travel. Accommodation would be subject to availability upon booking.
- Outright cancellations of bookings with Hello Garden Route (Pty) Ltd. will result in our standard terms and conditions and cancellation policies and guests will be required to claim a refund from their travel insurance.
- We have the right to alter these terms & conditions at any time and will send out notifications of these changes. We are actively monitoring the situation and this policy will be regularly updated as appropriate to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our guests.
FOR ALL OTHER TRAVEL RELATED SERVICES BOOKED WITH HELLO GARDEN ROUTE (PTY) LTD.
We will waiver our cancellation terms & conditions and in turn, the supplier’s cancellation terms & conditions will apply, valid for stays and travels up to & including 30 April 2020, due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
We still highly recommend and insist that all travellers take out comprehensive personal travel insurance – it is important to check the schedule of included benefits thoroughly. Most insurance companies have an option to purchase an insurance plan with a ‘Cancel for Any Reason’ clause which should cover any trip cancellations for pandemics. Current insurance plans that offer cancellation insurance may only cover this in the event the guest is physically quarantined.